Thursday, January 2, 2014

Eating Clean 12 Days of Christmas - Signs

Side note...I'm working on moving my blog over to WordPress and getting my own domain name (woohoo!!). I'll continue to publish here for awhile, but please change your bookmarks to www.eatingcleanandsavinggreen.com :)
 
I made my dad and my mother-in-law each a sign with a cute phrase. You can buy them on Etsy and other places, but to save some money I made my own. I was inspired by Just Imagine.

They took inexpensive wood plaques from a craft store, painted them fun colors and mod podged a picture on it. I did basically the same thing I did with my subway art. I found precut decorative wood plaques at Michaels and painted them black. Then I took the phase I wanted to use and in Publisher created a document with a black background and white letters in a fun font. I printed it out on plain old copy paper, cut it to match the size and shape of the plaque and mod podged in onto the plaque. I added two more layers of mod podge on top to seal the deal. Add a frame hanger on the back and that's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment