Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 10 Cleanse

I made it!!! Final day of the cleanse and it feels really good to have accomplished what I set out to do. Many of the changes I made in the last 10 days will become life-long habits. We had small group tonight and to celebrate I let myself eat pretty much whatever I wanted. Surprisingly, I choose pretty wisely! I avoided the chips and just ate the dip with a spoon and didn't over do it. I made two appetizers and both were all natural. I'm including the recipes below.

Breakfast--Fiber drink (so glad to be done with these!)
Mid-morning snack--almonds
Lunch--salad with walnuts and spray dressing
Afternoon snack--peanut butter
Dinner--small group appetizers
Workout--3-mile run!! Yay!!! It was almost 60 degrees here so I couldn't pass it up!

Here's what I made for appetizers:

Almost Guacamole
2 avocados
1 medium red onion
1 package cherry tomatos
handful cilantro
1 lime

Dice the avocado, onion and cherry tomatoes. Mix 
together with handful of chopped cilantro and juice from 1 lime. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. 



Cheese Queso
Usually you use Velveeta, which is far from natural, but this recipe uses all natural ingredients.

1 can Rotel
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1 block cheddar cheese, shredded
1 block colby jack cheese, shredded
1 cup milk

In a saucepan, mix the butter and flour until butter is melted into flour. Whisk in milk until all the flour is dissolved. Slowly add in the shredded cheese a little at a time, only adding more when the other is melted in. Once all the cheese is in and melted, add in the Rotel. Put in crock pot to keep warm. Serve with chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment