Lunch--Pepsi Max (I know, totally not nutritious or healthy, but I was still full from breakfast and just really wanted a pop! All about moderation! ;)
Afternoon snack--two spoonfuls of peanut butter with some chocolate chips
Dinner--we had a lovely dinner with our friends, Karie and Kyle. They introduced us to a super delicious pizza from Donatos, the Mariachi Chicken Pizza. Yummo! I also made Maggiano's Chopped Salad (recipe below) and homemade, all-natural whole wheat bread sticks (recipe below).
Workout--P90X Cardio X
Paula's Bread Sticks
1 1/3 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
3 tablespoons butter, softened
4 cups bread flour
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup sesame seeds
2 tablespoons dry milk powder
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
1. Place ingredients in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select Dough cycle; press Start. Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). When dough cycle is complete, remove dough to a lightly oiled surface. Divide dough up into 18 pieces. Roll each piece on an oiled board, from center of piece to the outside edges to form bread sticks. Place bread sticks at least 1 inch apart on the prepared pans.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Copycat Maggiano's Chopped Salad and Dressing
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, in 1/2-inch dice
1 head romaine lettuce, in 1/2-inch dice
2 plum tomatoes, in 1/2-inch dice
1/2 cup danish blue cheese, crumbled
1/2 cup prosciutto, pan fried until crispy and chopped
Italian dressing (recipe follows)
1 avocado, small dice
1 teaspoon prosciutto, pan fried
1 1/2 teaspoons Coleman's dry mustard
2 tablespoons granulated sugar (or Splenda)
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup white vinegar
salt, to taste
3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon whole black peppercorn, fresh ground
1/4 teaspoon fresh oregano (or 3/4 t. dried oregano)
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Combine mustard, sugar, water, garlic, red and white vinegar and salt in food processor. Mix until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the oils, continue to blend. Add remaining ingredients and blend until well mixed. Recipe can be doubled with remaining stored in sealed container in refrigerator for up to a week.
2. Place lettuce in large mixing bowl Add all the ingredients except garnish and mix well. Add dressing and mix well.
3. Serve, topping each portion with garnish.