Lunch--salad with shredded cheese, walnuts and 1 T. Caesar dressing
Dinner--Crockpot pork carnitas (recipe below) and sauteed red onion and yellow peppers
Bedtime snack--assortment of delicious desserts at MOPS Steering Team meeting (it's all about moderation...you have to treat yourself sometimes!)
Workout--25 minutes elliptical and ab workout
Slow Cooked Pork Carnitas (Mexican Pulled Pork)
- 2.5 lb pork shoulder blade roast, lean, all fat removed
- 6 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- dry adobo seasoning(I don't use this and they still turn out great)
- garlic powder
- 3/4 cup all-natural chicken broth
- 2-3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (to taste) (if you use the whole can, the pork comes out pretty spicy)
- 2 bay leaves
Season pork with salt and pepper. In a medium sauté pan on medium-high heat, brown pork on all sides for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Using a sharp knife, insert blade into pork, cutting small holes and insert garlic slivers. Season pork generously with cumin, adobo and garlic powder all over.
Pour chicken broth in the crockpot, add bay leaves and chipotle peppers. Place pork in crock pot and cover. Cook low for 8 hours. After 8 hours, shred pork using two forks and combine well with the juices that accumulated at the bottom. Remove bay leaves and adjust salt and cumin (you will probably need to add more). Let it cook another 15-30 minutes.