Saturday, January 19, 2013

Day 8--Eating Clean While Eating Out and Another Bread Recipe

Breakfast--banana
Mid-morning snack--nothing 
Lunch--leftover Maggiano's chopped salad from last night Pepsi Max (it just tastes so good!)
Afternoon snack--two spoonfuls of peanut butter with some chocolate chips
Dinner--tonight was our first foray into eating out while eating clean. We went to Conner Station in downtown Noblesville. I'm not exactly sure if everything I ate was all-natural, but it came pretty close. I had a side salad with ranch dressing on the side...the side salad was a delicious combo of field and spring greens with thinly sliced cucumber, red onion and tomato. So far, so good on the all-natural front! For my entree, I had the Rueben sandwich, which was delicious!! The corned-beef was made in-house, so overall it was all-natural. I sampled a few of the chips...also good, but I'm not sure if they were all-natural or not.
 

Bedtime snack--Reese's Peanut Butter cup and a Seagram's Bahama Mama...both totally unnatural, but my reward for doing so well this week! ;)
Workout--rest day

We also tried a new bread recipe today. It called for half white flour and half whole wheat flour, so it's not completely all-natural, but it came out so much fluffier and lighter than the other whole wheat breads. Here's the recipe:

Bread Machine Whole Wheat Bread
from food.com

1 1/4 cups water (we used milk instead)
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 2/3 cups bread flour
1 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons (1 package) yeast

  1. Add ingredients in the order given to bread machine.
  2. Set on whole wheat setting.

$$ Saving Green Alert! $$

I also ran across an all-natural whole wheat bread at Marsh. It was Koepplinger's and it was $2.69 with Buy 1, Get 1 Free. So, I got 4 loaves for $5.38 or $1.35 a loaf!

No comments:

Post a Comment