Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 6 Cleanse


Day 6...officially over half way through the cleanse! Still taking the probiotics in the morning, herbal cleanse pills at night and I've added fish oil pills during lunch.

Breakfast--Green Monster Smoothie...I found out about these bad boys from my friend Bethany and her marathon training blog. There are many different versions; mine is banana, peanut butter, spinach and half-n-half. 
Mid-morning snack--handful of peanuts
Lunch--salad with walnuts and ranch dressing spray Afternoon snack--peanut butter
Dinner--chicken fajitas sans tortillas (is it still a fajita?)--red and yellow peppers, onions, avocado, salsa and a little cheese

Evening snack--two spoonfuls of peanut butter
Herbal pills before bed and LOTS of water all day

Workout--Insanity plyometrics cardio circuit

$$ Homemade Taco Seasoning $$

I've been making my own taco and fajita seasoning. The pre-made packets are convenient and cheap, but chocked full of preservatives and additives. The homemade mix keeps well and does not contain any unrecognizable ingredients, plus I figured out it costs me about $1 to make one batch, which equals about 4 to 5 uses. That's about $.20 a use, compared to about a $1.00 for one packet. Not a huge savings, but every little bit counts. So, I'm not only clean, I'm saving money!
Here's the recipe:

Homemade Taco Seasoning
4 teaspoons onion powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Mix well and store in an airtight container. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment