Monday, January 14, 2013

Eating Clean Day 2--First Clean Eating Trip to Kroger


Breakfast--nothing (too busy getting everyone around for church! Need to get better about at least eating something to keep my metabolism up)
Mid-morning snack--nothing 
Lunch--peanut butter (all-natural) and jelly (homemade and canned...thanks Michelle!!) on homemade whole wheat bread (recipe to come...still trying to find a good whole wheat bread recipe that's not so dense...any suggestions??)
Afternoon snack--Reese's Peanut Butter cups (I know, not very natural but I only have two left from Christmas and I will not waste Reese's!!)
Dinner--two slices of Papa Murphy's Classic Italian pizza; we tried to substitute the garlic cream sauce that usually comes with it for the garlic and olive oil but they messed up the order. The crust, sausage and pepperoni are not all-natural, but when you switch the sauces, everything else is. 
Bedtime snack--nothing
Workout--hour of Pilates

$$ Saving Green Alert! $$

This week was my first trip to Kroger under our new Clean Eating regime. I wasn't sure how I would do, but I ended up saving 35% (I aim to save between 30 and 40 percent each week with couponing, sales, etc.)

Here's a look at what I got:
Barilla Pasta--on sale 10 for $10, used $1 off 3 coupon...got 6 boxes of pasta for $4 or $.66/piece...I bought the whole wheat variety, which is all natural and whole grain goodness.

Pork Tenderloin--on sale for $2.47/lb...great lean protein

Chicken Breasts--on sale for $1.77/lb...another great lean protein at an awesome price...I stocked up for my freezer

Kroger Butter--$2.48...we used to use margarine, but have switched to real butter. The Kroger brand butter is actually cheaper than the margarine I used to buy. 

Kroger block cheese--on sale for $2.99 for the bigger 16 oz block. Kind of interesting, shredded cheese=not natural, same brand in the block cheese=A OK!

No comments:

Post a Comment