Thursday, January 17, 2013

Eating Clean Day 6--Drop Dead Healthy

Breakfast--banana and peanut butter
Mid-morning snack--nothing 
Lunch--salad with cheese and 1 tablespoon Catalina dressing
Afternoon snack--two handfuls peanuts
Dinner--country ribs with homemade BBQ sauce and garlic green beans
Bedtime snack--Nature Valley bar
Workout--P90X Core Synergistics

I recently finished the book "Drop Dead Healthy" by A.J. Jacobs. In it, he documents his attempts to become the healthiest person in the world. It was interesting to read about all the diets, workouts and health and fitness trends he tried in his efforts. Along with being hilarious, it was helpful to read because he offers some great health habits that actually work. 

The one thing I didn't like was the fact he comes off a little judgmental toward people not being as healthy as they could. That's what I want to avoid with my clean eating...I don't want to come off as I am judging those not choosing this lifestyle, because it's not for everybody.  I don't want people to feel like they have to accommodate me. I know what I can and cannot eat and I'll make those choices when I need to. 

Do you ever feel guilty for not leading a healthier lifestyle?

No comments:

Post a Comment