Thursday, August 15, 2013

Teryaki Chicken Stir-Fry

As I've mentioned before, our garden and especially our zucchini are going crazy right now. See exhibit A, the latest zucchini I picked that's almost three times the size of my hand! I wasn't very inspired for dinner last night and so I just decided to use up some of the veggies I had in the fridge in a chicken teriyaki stir-fry. It was a little bit of this, little bit of that, clean out the fridge type of meal ;) 

In my wok (SIDE NOTE: if you don't have a wok, I highly suggest buying one...they are the BEST for not only stir-frys but other types of sauteing. They aren't too expensive either; I got mine at Ikea for $8), I sauteed sliced chicken breast with a little salt and pepper until no longer pink. Add in veggies, all cut to the same size to keep the cooking times even (I used zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli slaw, sweet peppers and onions) and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until the veggies are desired softness. Add in about 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and 1 to 2 tablespoons of soy sauce. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes and serve piping hot over rice.

My teriyaki and soy sauces are both organic and all-natural from Whole Foods. They only cost a little more than "regular" soy and teriyaki sauce, but without any of the preservatives. The soy sauce is actually a tamari sauce, which is gluten-free as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment