Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Flat Belly Diet - Ginger Soy Chicken


This was another good recipe that was easy to do. You just have to be sure to plan ahead for the marinade. It's pretty easy to adapt to what you have on hand too, as you can see from the recipe changes I made. I didn't do it this time, but the next time I make this, I think I'll double the marinade and set half of it aside to stir-fry some veggies in to go along with the chicken. 

Ginger Soy Chicken
Adapted from Prevention.com
1/4 C reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp minced fresh ginger
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp miso paste (I left this out because I didn't have it on hand)
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp toasted sesame oil (I used EVOO)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (3-4 lb) (I used chicken breast and leg pieces)
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Combine soy sauce, ginger, honey, miso, garlic, oil, and red pepper flakes in shallow baking dish or large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, turn to coat, cover, and chill at least 2 hours.
Heat grill to medium for indirect heat. If using charcoal grill, position coals on one half of grill. If using gas grill, heat one side to high, the other to low. Lightly oil grill grates.
Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade. Season chicken with salt.
Grill chicken 10 minutes over hottest section of grill, turning once. Move to cooler section of grill and cook 10 minutes longer or until thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 165°F

No comments:

Post a Comment