Thursday, November 7, 2013

Momma's Day Out at the Salon All-Natural Style

Yes, I know this is a blog about clean EATING, but as I've learned lately, it's not just about what you put in your mouth, it's about what you put on your body as well. Anything we put on our body, from cosmetics to lotions to hair care, can be absorbed through the skin and affect us just as if we ate it. For example, if you're trying to eat gluten-free, check your lotions because many include gluten (yes really!) and every time you slather some on, your introducing gluten into your system.

So, on that note, I've decided to explore all-natural and clean beauty and health care products. If you have any suggestions on all-natural products you love, please let me know!
 

I decided to start my health and beauty product search at the salon. I was overdue for a hair cut and color and found a salon in Carmel (Tricology Salon) that uses all organic products, from the hair color to the products. From their website..."The Trichology Design Team is committed to the most advanced natural, organic, safe and effective hair and beauty products." So I made an appointment with Alex and set out for a day of (overdue) pampering. 

The experience was great! The salon is super clean, spa-like and relaxing and I loved all the different products Alex used. They all smelled great and made my hair look like a million bucks. Alex also did an amazing job on my cut and color. The highlights were the best I've ever had and my cut is so flattering. Plus, she offered me lots of tips and tricks for doing my hair at home as she was going along. She really listened to what I wanted and I am over-the-moon over my new look. I also appreciated that all the products were natural and safe, and they were still able to give me the look I want.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment