Friday, April 19, 2013

Baked Parmasean Garlic Chicken Wings

I love bar food...seriously, I could live off pizza, appetizers and chicken wings for the rest of my life! Usually, when the wing craving hits, we go to BW3's or Wing Street, but I never know what ingredients or preservatives those places use. So, tonight I decided to tackle one of my favorite wing flavors...garlic Parmesan. Not only are these wings clean, but they are baked with no breading, so they are a little healthier than the fried version.

Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings Recipe

1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

1 teaspoon basil
2 garlic cloves, finely minced (I used 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder instead)
1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt (1/2 tsp table salt)1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (or melted butter) [I used equal parts both...add more if you like a wetter wing]



1. Preheat oven to 425 F. In a small bowl, mix together the oregano, rosemary, cumin, basil, garlic and salt. Lay the chicken wings on a baking sheet and season the chicken wings with this 1/2 of the mixture.

2. Bake the chicken wings for 20-25 minutes. While the chicken is baking, mix together the other half of the seasoning mixture with the the oil and Parmesan cheese.
 

3. When the chicken is cooked through, toss the wings with the garlic/cheese/olive oil (or butter) sauce and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment