Monday, February 11, 2013

Day 30--Orzo Mac and Cheese

Well, I've made it! I made it through 10 days of a cleanse and my first 30 days of clean eating. The process has been a great learning experience and I feel great! I definitely notice when I am not clean eating...I feel like crap! Even more motivation to keep it up :) From now on, I'll just be sharing my new recipes and money-saving tips...you guys have a pretty good idea of what I'm snacking on each day. 

Tonight I made Orzo Mac and Cheese with roasted broccoli. I didn't really have a recipe for this, I made it up as I went. It was pretty good, but next time, I will add pepper jack or another type of cheese to give it a little more flavor. Maybe add in some chicken or broccoli too?

Orzo Mac and Cheese
1 Package of Orzo
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese

Cook the orzo according to package directions. While the orzo cooks, in a separate saucepan, melt the butter and then add in the flour. Mix well till combined. Add in milk, whisking to break up any flour clumps. Add in cheese a little at a time, stirring until melted into a cheese sauce. When orzo is cooked, mix with cheese sauce and put in casserole dish, topping with more cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment