Monday, March 25, 2013

Mini-Quiche

I'm not a huge breakfast fan and tend to choose the sugary, preservative-filled breakfast foods like cereals and waffles. Eating clean has forced me to become creative in finding clean, filling and delicious breakfast options. My MIL found this recipe for mini-quiche, which has become a family favorite and is the perfect (and easy) breakfast food. I double or triple the recipe each time I make them because they freeze really well. They are good hot or cold, so they are great for traveling and on-the-go. I suggest investing in a really nice mini muffin tin, like the ones from Pampered Chef, because it will really cut down on overall prep time.

Mini-Quiche
1/2 cup butter
3 ounces cream cheese
1 cup flour
2 teaspoons minced onion
1/2 cup grated cheese
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
I usually also add in chopped ham or bacon or crumble sausage. You could also add in spinach or other veggies like peppers. 

Combine butter, cream cheese and flour; mix well and roll into a ball. Divide into 24 small balls and press into the bottom and sides of mini muffin tins. Put onion, meat and cheese into each cup. Beat egg and milk together and fill cups. Bake 10 minutes at 450 degrees. Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake another 10 minutes or until tops are brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment