Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Crock Pot BBQ Beef Brisket

Another summer day that I didn't feel like cooking, so the crock pot it was! I did Crock Pot BBQ Beef Brisket. I didn't have any brisket, but I did have a grass-fed beef roast (from our cow), so I went with that instead. It turned out awesome! Super tender with great flavor. This recipe would make a great shredded beef sandwich.  Next time, I'm going to double the seasoning and sauce to give it even more delicious kick.

I probably won't be updating anymore this week with the holiday, so I hope you all have a safe, happy and clean 4th of July ;)




Remember to thank a soldier past or present for their service this week because freedom isn't free!
 

Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Brisket 
From Stacy Makes Cents

2 -3 lbs Beef Brisket
1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1/4 tsp Celery Seed
1/8 tsp Pepper
1/2 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp Dry Mustard

Directions:
In a small bowl mix chili powder, garlic, crushed red pepper, celery seed and pepper and rub onto meat. Place meat in crock-pot. Mix ketchup, sucanat/sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and dry mustard and pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours. Cut thin slices along the grain or just shred it.

No comments:

Post a Comment