Thursday, December 26, 2013

Clean Eating 12 Days of Christmas - Whiskey/Bourbon Bottle Soap Dispenser

Remember my earlier post about how hard it is to find gifts for the men in our families? This is another solution to that dilemma :) My father-in-law LOVES bourbon but has pretty much everything bourbon related already (at least everything we can afford ;). 

I saw on Etsy a bourbon bottle soap dispenser that I thought he would love and actually use. However, I didn't want to spend $40 on it, so I made my own. It was super easy...I took an empty bourbon bottle (I used one of his Maker's Mark ones he actually filled and sealed), washed it out good and filled with soap. For the dispenser part, go to the dollar store and find a $1 soap dispenser that's as tall or as nearly as tall as the bottle so that the straw reaches to the bottom of the bourbon bottle. Screw the dispenser and straw part onto the bourbon bottle and voila! Instant kitschy, fun and unique soap dispenser! I'm also going green and saving green by recycling and old bottle and only spending $1 on the dispenser.

1 comment:

  1. At Enviro - LCS, we offer an extensive range of high quality hygiene products and services, ranging from sanitary disposal bins to Washroom services at highly competitive prices. As the leading supplier of washroom products, such as Air hand dryers, feminine hygiene bins and medical waste disposal systems.

    sanitary bins Sydney

    ReplyDelete