Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Eating Clean 12 Days of Christmas -- Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix



As part of the Christmas season, I want to share with you 12 eating clean and saving green Christmas ideas. They'll include recipes, gift ideas and more and hope they'll inspire you and keep you in the holiday spirit!
 
My family loves hot chocolate so I searched for clean recipes and found a yummy one from Southern Living. I also used this recipe to put together cute little Christmas gifts for the grandparents.

Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
From Southern Living
 

1 1/2 cups 53% cacao dark chocolate morsels (I used mini semi-sweet chocolate chips)
1 1/4 cups sugar 

1 cup instant nonfat dry milk
2/3 cup dark unsweetened cocoa (I used regular)

Stir together dark chocolate morsels, sugar, instant nonfat dry milk, and cocoa; spoon into 1 (2-qt.) jar. Store at room temperature up to 1 month.
 


TO MAKE HOMEMADE HOT COCOA: Heat 1 cup milk to 180°; stir in 1/4 cup Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment