Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Eating Clean 12 Days of Christmas -- Lip Balm


I love chapstick and since I want to explore more all-natural and clean beauty products, I thought I'd start with my own lip balm. Plus, I wanted to use these as cute little Christmas gifts for my girlfriends. I did a lot of research and the process of making your own lip balm is super easy.
I found it hard to track down all the ingredients in one place though. Thankfully, I found several online retailers that make it easy buy selling kits. The kit I bought (here) had everything I needed and so when I went to make them, it took me less than 10 minutes. You get to choose your flavor and they include the lip balm base (a mixture of beeswax and other oils) and the pots or tubes. You melt the base, add in the flavor and put in your pots or tubes. Let harden and add cute labels if you want. That's it!! 

How easy is that? And it's clean clean clean!!

No comments:

Post a Comment