Monday, December 2, 2013

Crockpot Beef and Noodles

I love comfort food, especially when the weather turns colder. My mom used to make the best beef and noodles when we were younger and I was craving it the other day. I searched for a clean recipe that could also be done in the crockpot (to make my life easier!) and found this one I adapted a bit.
It was delicious! So comforting and warm and yummy. It also makes a lot, so I have a whole other meal in the freezer.  
Crockpot Beef and Noodles
Adapted from Kristi's Recipe Box
2 lbs. stew meat (or any type of beef roast you have on hand, cut into 2" chunks)
2 (14.5 oz.) cans beef broth (I used my homemade chicken stock...choose a homemade or organic broth to keep it clean)
2 cups water
1 1/2 T. Italian seasoning
1 T. minced garlic
1/2 t. onion powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
16 oz. pkg. egg noodles (look for an organic or all-natural egg noodle...I found mine from an Amish store :)
Place stew meat in crockpot and cover with beef broth and water. Add in Italian seasoning, garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours. (With beef in the crockpot, I always opt for the lower and slower) During last 30-45 minutes of cooking, add in egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment