Friday, May 17, 2013

Crock Pot Honey Parmesan Pork Roast


Sorry for the lack of posts this week! I've found I'll get on a nice streak where I'll try something new several nights in a row, and then I have weeks like this one, where I just make pasta and leftover meals from the freezer :) Tonight, I made Crock Pot Honey Parmesan Pork Roast and served it with homemade mac and cheese and another of my Grandma Stiles' faves, tomato, cucumber and onion salad. The pork was excellent and the house smelled great all day!



Crock Pot Honey Parmesan Pork Roast

From Six Sisters' Stuff
1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork roast
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup honey
3 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp dried basil
2 Tbsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water

Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place roast in slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, honey, soy sauce, basil, garlic, oil and salt; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast; serve with gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment