Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Crock Pot Salt-Crusted Pork

I think I've mentioned before that I am not a huge fan of pork, but my hubby is, so I am always on the lookout for new pork recipes. Tonight I tried Crock Pot Salt-Crusted Pork and it was AMAZING! So juicy and tender and it had wonderful flavor.

Slowcooker Salt-Crusted Pork Roast
From Pocket Change Gourmet

2-3 pound Pork Sirloin Roast
Seasoning Blend
1 Tablespoon salt
1 Tablespoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dry sweet basil (I just used regular dry basil)
1 teaspoon ground sage (I left this out b/c I didn't have it)
 

Mix the seasoning blend together in a small bowl. Pat dry the roast and rub seasoning blend into meat, coating well. Brown the roast on the stove top over medium heat, 2-3 minutes on all sides until you get a nice carmelization. Cook in a slow cooker for 8 hours on the keep warm setting until internal temperature is 145 F. Remove from cooker and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing. (I was running low on time this morning, so I actually skipped the browning part and just put the seasoned pork roast right into the crockpot and it still turned out great!)

No comments:

Post a Comment