Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Bourbon Crack Chicken

My hubby LOVES, and I mean LOVES bourbon, so anytime I find a recipe that includes bourbon I try it. Well, I pinned this recipe for Bourbon "Crack" Chicken on Pinterest without looking at the ingredients. When I finally went to make it this week, I realized there is absolutely no bourbon in Bourbon "Crack" Chicken. 

Hmm....

It still ended up being a really good dish even without the bourbon. It was very similar to the Crockpot Cashew Chicken I made a few weeks ago.

Overall, good taste and super easy to throw together. I served mine with broccoli and brown rice.



Bourbon “Crack” Chicken – Crockpot Style
From My Time Passages

2 lbs boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces
2 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
1 garlic clove crushed
1/4 teaspoon ginger (I omitted this b/c I don't like ginger and I didn't have any)
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup light apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons organic ketchup or chili sauce (depending on how hot you like stuff)
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce

Whisk all ingredients into crockpot and add chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4. 30 minutes before serving, add in frozen broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment