Friday, June 14, 2013

Oats in a Jar

I kept seeing recipes on Pinterest for Oats in a Jar. I love peanut butter and have empty peanut butter jars at least once a week, so I thought oats in a jar would be another good breakfast option.  I've also been trying to learn to like oatmeal, so I decided to give them a try using a recipe I found on Skinnytaste.com. They did not turn out so well :/ On take two, I decided to do my own thing and they turned out much better. Sorry there is no picture, the pictures made oats in jar not very appetizing :)

Overnight Oats in a Jar
empty peanut butter jar
1/4 cup quick oats
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk)
1 to 2 teaspoons cocoa powder

Place all the ingredient in a jar, shake, cover and refrigerate overnight. Add your favorite crunchy toppings such as nuts, granola, etc and enjoy the next day warmed up.  

Next time, I am going to add some mini chocolate chips instead of cocoa powder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment