Thursday, June 20, 2013

Ooey Gooey Cheerio Treats

I saw this on Pinterest and thought they looked great until I checked out the ingredients...the original recipe called for 1 cup sugar AND 1 cup of corn syrup! Holy sugar high batman! I decided to "clean" them up a bit and they turned out great! There were actually a little two sweet, so I am going to use less honey next time. 

While they tasted awesome, they were pretty messy to eat, so not a great snack for toddlers. 

Training plan called for: 45 minute run
I did: 4.12 miles in 38:36




Cheerio Treats
1 cup honey (use 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup for less-sweet version)
1 cup all-natural creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 cups Cheerios (I used Mom's Best Honey Nut Cheerios)

In a large sauce pan, combine honey and peanut butter until smooth. Allow mixture to boil for one minute and remove from heat. Add vanilla to mixture and mix until smooth. Add Cheerios and mix until all coated. Drop mixture by spoonful onto waxed paper and allow to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment