Thursday, June 13, 2013

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

The hubs and I have been on a low-carb, low-sugar kick lately in preparation for some upcoming races this summer. I know, we're nuts...eating clean AND low-carb, low-sugar. My biggest struggle with low-card, low-sugar (beside the obvious not eating carbs or sugar) is what to eat for breakfast. I'm not a huge egg fan (thanks to both my pregnancies!) and can't stand the thought of even opening up a container of cottage cheese. Gag. So, I've been trying a bunch of different low-carb, low-sugar breakfast recipes. My first try was peanut butter banana chocolate chip muffins. They were dense, but had good flavor. I would definitely make these again but use more peanut butter and maybe less banana because the banana flavor was pretty dominant.

Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
From Making Food and Other Stuff
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 3 T peanut butter
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 medium bananas, mashed
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 T canola oil
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips
Mix banana, egg, vanilla, sugar, and oil in small bowl. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, peanut butter, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour in wet and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. The dough will be extremely dry and almost crumbly. I had to add a few teaspoons of water. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full and bake at 350 for 12-15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment