Saturday, June 8, 2013

Eating Clean on Vacay - Saturday

On Saturday, we made our way to Canada and Niagara Falls. On the way, we indulged in Krispy Kreme donuts. Seriously, I cannot pass a Krispy Kreme without stopping so it's a good thing I only see them occasionally! 

After arriving in Niagara and checking into our amazing fallsview room on the 39th floor, we went exploring before our dinner reservations. This is were the pre-planning came in handy. While planning the trip, I did a lot of research into area restaurants. I was excited to come across a local restaurant that got rave reviews and boasted farm-to-table meals. Right up our alley! Plus, it's also a brewery, so I knew the hubby would be happy :) 

The Syndicate was located about a mile from the main tourist drag in Niagara Falls, but was worth the walk. The outside exterior was deceiving as it wasn't much to look at, but when you walked in, you're welcomed with a cozy bar, warm wide-plank hardwood flours and delicious smells. The menu is a fixed menu, where you get to pick a starter, entree and dessert. I went with the Caesar salad, which was wonderful...light on the dressing and the addition of crumbled bacon was spot on!

For my entree, I went with the Fork Tender Beer Braised "Potroast". It was farm-to-table beef that was dry aged 14 days and slow-cooked in sinister sams, red wine and pearl onions. It was served with mashed potatoes and veggies. I thought the potatoes were nice and creamy, but the veggies were a little bland. The roast was indeed fork tender with great flavor. 

To round out the meal, I had chocolate no bake cheesecake with stewed black cherries. I think that speaks for itself...it was as amazing as it looks ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment