Friday, June 7, 2013

Eating Clean on Vacay - Friday

Sorry for the lack of blog posts lately. The hubby and I went on a much-needed long weekend getaway to Niagara Falls. This was our first major vacation since going clean and I have to say we didn't do too badly. Usually, vacation means totally ditching the diet and eating crap the whole time away. However, with a little pre-planning, we were able to maintain our clean eating regime away from home. 

On Friday for lunch, we stopped at our friend's winery and vineyards, Paper Moon. Paper Moon is located in Vermilion, Ohio and has a wonderful tasting room, great outdoor seating and yummy wine and food. I had the Hot Italian Panini with chips and pickle and a glass of the blackberry sangria. Mostly clean too! I love that they also serve a selection of gluten-free dishes. If you're ever in the Northeast Ohio area, stop by and check them out and pick up a bottle of Twilight, my personal favorite :)
Friday night, the plan was to take in a game at Progressive Field. I hadn't been to an Indians game in forever, and my husband was gracious enough to take me even though he's a Reds fan. It was $1 hot dog night and we indulged in the not-so-natural and not-so-clean treat. Unfortunately, the game had a massive rain delay and we didn't end up staying. We headed back to the hotel and had a really late dinner of brick-oven pizza and Caesar salads, both of which were all natural and really yummy. I didn't get a picture because we were so hungry by that time we went straight to eating!


 




Me and the hubs at Progressive Field before the massive rain delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment