Tuesday, June 4, 2013

How Does Your Garden Grow?



Even though I have a horrible brown thumb, I really do enjoy gardening. Last year, we had our first garden and were really happy with how it turned out. So happy, in fact, we doubled the size this year! This year is also exciting because Liesl is really getting into it as well. She picked out what fruits (strawberries and watermelon) and veggies (zucchini) she wanted to grow and goes out to check the progress every morning. 
This year, we planted onions, yellow, red and green bell peppers, zucchini squash, tomatoes, romaine lettuce, strawberries, watermelon and cherry tomatoes. I also created a smaller herb garden in a large pot with oregano, basil and chives. I'm still searching for cilantro...no one around here is selling it! Last year, my herbs were overtaken by the rest of the veggies in the garden, so I gave them their own space. 
I'll be updated you throughout the summer on the Thompson Family Garden :)

What are you growing this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment